Wednesday 8 September 2010

Leaving with a sad heart to a comfy bed

So, here I am in a London hotel, lying on a comfy bed catching up with the news (it's amazing that we haven't read 1 paper over the last 7 Lejog days) and yet I wish I was shacked up in the bunkhouse with the others.

Today turned out to be a mixed day for me, but without doubt this afternoon gave us the most fantastic scenery of the trip so far. After crossing the Erskine Bridge, the mountains rose up to meet us and Loch Lomand kept us company as we pushed through 70 miles.



After a morning of frantic phone calls to work, planes and taxi's being booked, clothes being sourced (Rachel and Stewart my personal shoppers did a great job) the stunning scenery returned my mood to it's natural cheery state ( sorry guys if I was mute this morning).

With time running out, a last push at high speed ( up and downhill) to get to the Bridge of Orchy to meet my taxi at 6.30

Then it dawned on me, the taxi journey to Glasgow airport took 1hr 40mins. It was a long way, as it has been every day, so the team should be really delighted with their efforts! This is not easy and takes mental fortitude. Keep it going tomorrow guys.

Right: sleep, gym action, work,plane and back to the road in Friday.

Sleep well in the bunkhouse. :)

Db

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Hounslow,United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment